Thursday, September 3, 2009

Things I'm loving Thursday

I'm loving all the shiver shiver shake, witchy goodness, showing up on the interwebs!

(Bewitching Halloween ATC's from A Nostalgic Halloween.)


(Altered candy boxes from the wonderful goody goody gumdrops)


(Witch mannequin from the sublime Primitive Folk Art from Old World Primitives)



Who knew there was Tablescape Thursday out there?! I sure didn't. Between Naps on the Porch (great blog name!) is celebrating the 54th Tablescape Thursday. I don't have anything to contribute to this event, except for the sharing of the link to lots of fun and wonderful table settings to ooh and ah over.

I found this delightful event via one of my favorite food blogs, Once Upon A Plate.





And this wonderful blog has old DMC counted cross stitch patterns from the vintage Point de Marque series for the die hard and obsessed cross stitcher. I was lucky enough to pick up several of the series back in the late 70's and early 80's ... but I'm missing a couple and they're here on this blog! WAHOO!

I stitched the above design on curtains for my service porch door many years ago ... I have a dutch door and they were so much fun, leading out to the backyard. Sadly they have gone kaput. WAH!



bwahahhahahahhahahahha from lovestitches blog This reminds me of the kitty plate wall in the Harry Potter movie.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sally! Thanks so much for including me in your Fave Things Thursday extravaganza! =) So glad you like the Halloween boxes! I love your blog! And I'm addicted to all those magazines (esp. with the fall covers), too! LOL
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    Thank you for featuring my witch mannequin on your lovely blog! I really appreciate it and am enjoying my visit. :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words. WHEW! I'm so glad you don't mind that I shared your pic of your darling boxes - I posted everything and then went "Whoops! I forgot to ask permission!" So sorry!

    & I'm so glad to know that there are others out there, addicted like me. ;) And to think we've only just begun the holiday season! Somebody better bar the door and take my keys!

    Thanks again!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and being so kind about letting me share your photo of your darling witch mannequin! I'm so very sorry - I posted first and then realized I had forgotten the all important step of getting permission. YIKES!

    & thank you so much for your being so sweet about my blog, that makes me smile BIG! :)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete