Monday, October 26, 2009

Manic Macabre Monday

ACK! I woke up at three o'clock this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So boring to just lay there so I tumbled out of bed at four twenty. YAWN! Hope to catch a nappy later.

Don't know what's up but I haven't been able to upload photos to my blog for two days now?! Fortunately I had some drafts of posts, with photos already loaded.

These are some Halloween cards that I made. I love to make cards, although I'm not great at making the same thing over and over again. Five of one design is about as much as I can stand - more gives me the heebie jeebies.

This one is from Halloween 2006. The oval frame and inside were made using a sizzix frame die. The spooky skelly scene was made with some halloween dingbats. The skeleton on the inside of the card is also a dingbat. I love dingbats!




I made this card for Halloween 2004. I made it using paper punches, clip art and dingbats. Hurray dingbats again! The font on the inside is a lot of fun - the letters are made up of bones.




Edited to add: Okie dokie - I can upload photos if I use Safari instead of Firefox!

So here's my card from 2008. Easy peasy. Found a darling pumpkin template online and just chalked it and layered it over cardstock.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - those are all so cute! I should make a card, and quickly, because Halloween is HERE. ;) One question: Where is 2009?
    Hope you get a nap! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! We posted at the same time. I tried to reply earlier and I wasn't logged in - sheesh, I forget that every time - and then whatever I did that worked on your blog (to be signed in, after I had already written my comment), didn't work on mine. ARGH!
    Thank you! I had fun making them. Well ... the one for 2009 is supposed to be being made today and I don't think that's going to happen. I'm just about out of steam for the day I think. :(
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute cards! You are so festive, I'm jealous! I have decided I am skipping Halloween this year-- my daughter will be gone, my husband out of town and I can't be in the living room to greet kids and hand out candy because I have no furniture downstairs! Ha! I'll go all out for Thanksgiving... And this may be a ding bat question but what's a ding bat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori!
    Good to see you! :)
    WAH! I'm only festive here on my blog. We haven't decorated at all. Been talking about it for two weeks but that's as far as it's gotten.
    Oh gosh, I'm so sorry that you won't be able to celebrate Halloween this year. Have you moved everything out from the bottom floor? You poor thing! Hoping life returns to normal soon for you.
    Nuh uh, absolutely not a dingbat question - except that it is a dingbat question teehee ;)
    Dingbats are fonts that are images or symbols, instead of letters, numbers, etc. There are Fall ones and Thanksgiving ones if you want to make Thanksgiving Day greeting cards or menus or place cards or anything. You can just google Thanksgiving dingbats or Thanksgiving fonts and play. :)

    ReplyDelete