Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm feeling lucky!

Hey! Look at my counter!

When I started my blog, I never dreamed I'd have any visitors so I only asked that my counter go to 9999. I just noticed that I'm nearing 9999. I know that's small potatoes but it thrills me to no end. Who'd a thunk that would ever come to pass?! Not me! I thought I'd be lucky if one person ever found me.

Thank you to the daring and dear five, who became followers of this goofy blog!

I suspect that I have a few followers on RSS (that's how my hubby views this blog - hi sweetie! I'm talking about you again!). Thank you everyone!

Thank you to the dear souls who post comments here! I'm so appreciative and you touch my heart. I love that you take the time to say hello, you are a bunch of sweeties.

And gosh, I get so tickled seeing all the people from other countries on my site meter that visit! Thank you for your visits!

Since this is all about feeling lucky & blessed and we're nearing St. Patrick's Day (GROAN! I know that was one heck of a stretch huh?!) here are some of the St. Patrick's Day cards I've made in recent years.


(front of card and back of card)


(front of card and inside of card)


(front of card and inside of card)



11 comments:

  1. Sally! First - congrats on all those visits. It's because you are charming and fun, and you have a fabulous blog. Second - please kick me in the caboose!!!! I SWEAR I thought I was following your blog. Maybe because I have you in my sidebar? I don't know, but I thought I was, and I apologize so much for being such a dodo. I am so sorry! Your dumb friend, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally! you are too kind. I love the resources you post, and the blogs you recommend are so fun to tour. I thoroughly enjoy your blog and getting to know you. Congratulations on your counter reading! I just keep chanting 2000, 2000, 2000 for mine. Maybe I will do a giveaway...watch out. Your odds of winning will be pretty good I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam! You're so sweet, thank you! And you're not a dodo, you are a dear soul. Please ... no worries at all ... being the eternal free spirit, I don't "follow" anyone's blog myself - I'm not a joiner teehee. (I hated that about Facebook, it was like a contest to see who had the most friends.) I only mentioned it because I'm so thrilled that some people wanted to follow my blog and I am so appreciative of that and them. So be of good cheer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny! Thank you so much for always being a sweetie and your kind words! I so appreciate them and you.
    I think the only reason I made it to 9999 is that I post all those links of crafts - not because of me. I can see it in my site meter and practically everyone who has searched and ended up here, wound up here because of some craft tutorial I linked to. So it appears that craft links boost your audience. And you're right, I've seen giveaways make peoples number of comments grow exponentially! Like HUGE numbers.
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally,
    I see you are well past that original counter limit now... woo-hoo! Doesn't surprise me a bit. :) Your St. Patrick's Day card designs are just my style, I really like them. The first and third are my favorites.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Sally! I love visiting your blog because I love your wit and warmth and I always discover something I didn't know before. Thank you for enriching my life! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephanie!
    Thank you so very much for your kind words, that's so sweet of you!
    Hoping you had a lovely weekend and are staying warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Twyla!
    Aw shucks! Thank you for being such a sweetie and for your kind words, they mean a lot to me!
    Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sally, congratulations! It is so neat to meet people in the blogosphere, isn't it? And your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lori!
    Thank you! I've been thinking - what do you bet that three quarters of the number is me, obsessively checking my blog?! bwahahhahahahha
    Hope you had a wonderful time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete