Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oscar! Oscar!

Yippie yippie! The Academy Award nominees were announced this morning!

We love the movies over here. And we love Oscar nomination time. We have so much fun running around like crazy people, trying to see all the movies we can fit in, that have been nominated. Last year we had so much fun in our frenzied dash to cram in all the movies - we kept running into one of my husbands co-workers at the same movies - she and her boyfriend were on the same movie mission. Fellow addicts. :)

We especially love to see the animated shorts, the live action shorts and the documentaries that are nominated. You almost never get a chance to see the wonderful animated & live action shorts and the documentaries are seldom shown, unless HBO and PBS air them.

Oh gosh! I'm so thrilled that Food Inc. received a nomination for documentary film! Doin' the happy dance over here!

We've seen seven of the ten best picture nominees - all but "The Blind Side", "Precious" and "A Single Man". I've been wanting to see "A Single Man" since it came out and hopefully we'll see it this weekend and the other two sometime before the award ceremony. The race is on! :)

Speaking of which, hubs gets a three day weekend so we're hoping to go to The Dickens Festival this weekend if it doesn't rain. Rain rain go away, come again some other day! Puhleeeze! Well shoot, I just noticed they have a Fezziwig's Ball and it's all sold out. WAH!

Dickens Fest
Speaking of films - I can barely wait for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland to come out on March 5th!!! They showed a trailer for it (when we saw Avatar) and it looks so wonderful. What a wonderful cast and I'm so intrigued to see the young girl from "In Treatment" as Alice.

And how's this for a segue - I received a birthday surprise yesterday, the most charming Alice of them all! Adorable darling dear Pam, of yoborobo, sent me her lovely print "Alice Waiting" (to celebrate and mark my further advance into my dotage bwahahahhaha!). I love her Pam. So much! Thank you thank you thank you, you big sweetie pie. Thank you for being such a kind and generous soul and being my pal!

9 comments:

  1. Another bit of likemindedness here. I love Oscar time and wish I could see each film. fill us in with your thoughts on possible winners. Iam all for Meryl Streep for Her Julia Child. Perfection. And that print is wonderful. What a thoughtful keepsake. Have fun at Dickens Fest and take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always in the dark about the oscar movie because I've never seen any of them!


    LOVE Pam's painting! So cool, she is a nice gal, isn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny!
    Yippie, you're a film lover too! Wasn't Meryl Streep wonderful?! It's very hard to imagine someone winning over her.
    We love Dickens and can't wait for the weekend. Sadly, my husband and I stink as photographers but we'll try to take some decent photos. If the rain comes, we have some DVD's of the wonderful BBC productions that PBS has shown to celebrate Charlies birthday. I know, we're so very weird. ;)
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my family we are all anxious to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland as well! What a great Alice print you received! I am stopping by from Run Lori Run's blog today...:) I am amazed at how many links you have listed to visit. Wow, what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori!
    I was brought up by a mother who was obsessed with movies, so it's in my blood, no escaping.
    Hey you! I see that you have bestowed a blog award upon me, thank you! That's so sweet of you! (shiver shiver shake! I don't like talking about myself WAH!) Truly, that's so nice of you to think of me!
    Yes, Pam is such a sweetheart (Pam, are your ears burning? look the other way now), with such a generous spirit and so very talented!
    Happy Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Want Meryl to win. Still have alot to see. Walked out of Avatar this past weekend. Not my cup of tea at all. Over hyped. Heard Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart is great. He is my pick here........

    Numero Uno fav star is Depp, so you know we will be at Alice in Wonderland the first week it's out.....

    Kate xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gloria!
    Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment, that's so sweet of you! I'm so glad you're enjoying my list of links - proof that I have no life bwhahahhahhaha ;) I am continually amazed at how many wonderful creative blogs there are and I am hopelessly addicted.
    Doesn't "Alice in Wonderland" look amazing?! We saw the trailer with our 3D glasses and it was so much fun.
    And Pam has lots of her artwork on her blog for you to ooh and ahh over - her link is above in my post. Enjoy!
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate!

    I hope Meryl wins too - there seems to be a lot of movement for Sandra Bullock though - I very much enjoy SB as a person when I see her on a talk show but I'm not "overwhelmed" by her acting. I do adore Helen Mirren and need to see "The Last Station".

    I enjoyed Avatar when I was watching it ... except for the end part and a bit in the middle that seemed over long ... but I feel a bit more critical now, upon reflection.

    Jeff Bridges is supposed to be terrific, need to see that too! teehee, I LOVE "The Big Lubowski"! The dude abides. ;)

    Us too, we'll be seeing Alice the first weekend!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sally! Holy pastrami, birthday girl, I am getting such a swollen head! Thank you, thank you. :)) I am behind in watching movies this year, but I will try and catch up so the Awards will make sense! LOL! Some years, I watch and I have seen NONE of the movies. Still, it's fun. xoxoxoxox Pam
    PS Jeff Bridges is one of my all time favs. Well, and Depp. And Streep. :)

    ReplyDelete