Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You are my tomato

My father was constantly taking business trips throughout my growing up years. He would always send me postcards (or letters on the hotel letterhead, like this one) while he was away. I found this one last week while hunting for something. (God bless mommies who squirrel away and save these wonderful memories for their kids!) There would always be little gifts upon his return home ... gifts bought at the hotel gift shop or the airport store . Sadly, I have no idea what became of the ring that accompanied this charming note from my dad, or even what it was. But I love that I was his tomato! :)

So in this week leading up to Valentine's Day, remember your tomato and let them know how dear they are to you!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Sally...you sweet Tomato. That is a very dear letter indeed. I acutally have been knocking about ideas of what to do for the girls for Valentine's day. As I don't want to commercialize the day for them any further, I think I might prod David a little to write short sweet love notes to his girls. If any sentiment should be shared at this time it should be sharin' some love. Thank you for sharing Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Sally. That is the sweetest note in the world - it's just priceless. It brought tears to my eyes. Who cares about the ring, you have the note! :)) What a nice thing to have, and to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Sally. I wanted to let you know that I presented a blog award to you and a few other blogs I dearly enjoy reading. I have stated in the rules posted with the award that it is not a "have to" thing and I hope you simply see it as a compliment to your sweet blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a sweet note. Lucky you still have it. I have a card from my dad that he sent while I was pregnant with Beanie and I am so glad I saved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh...that is so sweet. You need to keep that forever and ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny!
    OH! You're so sweet, thank you so much for all of your kind words and being such a sweetie pie! I will come visit your blog later today - I'm catching up a bit here and then have to figure out my Valentine's Day cards.
    I think that would be so lovely if your hubby would write the girls notes for Vday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam!
    It made me all weepy too. My dad and I have a "difficult" relationship and finding this note turned me to moosh.
    Hope you've still got power and vittles! I'll check in later today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori!
    Yes, I'm so lucky my mom saved it! How wonderful you have a note from your Dad when you were pregnant, hang on tight to it, with both hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wyanne!
    Isn't it the sweetest?! I need to make a scrapbook or at least get organized!

    ReplyDelete