Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday blog love

Happy Monday to everyone!

Did you enjoy watching the Academy Awards last night? I did! I loved Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin, I thought they were a lot of fun. Wasn't Sandra Bullock's gown divine?! So gorgeous! She wasn't my pick for best actress but I love her real life persona and find her charming. My husband wanted "Avatar" to win best picture but I personally think it has some flaws compared to "The Hurt Locker", which was pitch perfect.

I've included several links to book blogs that I stumbled upon last week, in my blog love today. We're all about the books over here and excitement is building as we near our absolute favorite event of the year, The Festival of Books, at UCLA in April! Cannot wait, so much fun!

A Little Bit French
A very fairy garden
Books and Cooks
Bunches and Bits
C'est la vie
Celebrate Creativity
Classic Mysteries
Cornflower
Csuheba zart kis vilag
Design Mom
Dolls and things
Duo Fiberworks
Folk and Fairy
Gift of Stitching
Golden Gems
Irkafirkák
Jen's Book Thoughts
Jules Food
katafoltok
Lilla Blanka
Love for Books
Moonlight and Hares
Öltögetek tehát vagyok
Open Gate
Otletelo
rachael amen art
Scraps of Time
Suffix Abuse
The Lonely Bean
This art that makes me happy
Vintage Romantic

6 comments:

  1. Hello Sally, recalling the sentiment of the Alka Seltzer commercial guy "I can't believe I watched the whole thing". But I did, and I would want Steve and Alec to host it again. They were sharp, funny, and not near as mean as other hosts have been in the "name" of laughs. I acutally liked the dancing this time...to the soundtracks (Hans Zimmer's Sherlock Holmes soundtrack was a big plus to the movie, I thought, and should have won) it was appropriate and without the usual cheese factor. Fashions...ehh. But my poor husband had to sit through it with me shouting "DING" for each winner I got correct. Which was all the major awards with the exception of The Hurt Locker for best picture (I picked Avatar). I truly enjoyed the whole thing (with the help of my DVR remote where I skipped over a few too long thank yous).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny!
    I hope this means your computer is feeling better now?! Did you give it a rest cure? :)
    You sound like you have the same love/hate reaction I have to the Oscar shows - I can't stand to miss the telecast but afterward I feel like I lost several hours of my life, that I wish I could have back!!! GAH! And thank heavens for DVR's huh?!
    We didn't see Sherlock Holmes, I think it came out when I was so very ill? How did you like it?
    Happy happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you do it?! You've come up with another absolutely captivating list of blog lovliness! Yes, I enjoyed watching the Oscars last night. Steve Martin Always cracks me up. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Twyla!
    You're so sweet! I just follow the links and they always lead me somewhere fun. :) I'm so glad you had fun looking at them too.
    Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! I missed the whole thing. Does this mean I am not fun? Quite possibly! LOL! I love the festival of books, and I miss it. :) xox Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam!
    No no no, we all like something different and it doesn't mean that at all. You are the funnest of the fun, you silly goose!!! Who else is going to sit with me on that train ride?!
    Yay! you love the Festival of Books too! So much fun, can't wait! I'll tell you all about it in April. :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete