Saturday, May 8, 2010

UFO's

Coming to you from Sick Person Central ... aka the couch ... I've been enjoying watching old movies the past few days ... I watched "A River Runs Through It" yesterday, one of my favorites. The words of Norman Maclean and the beauty of Montana just about make we weep. It's a wonderful book if you've never read it. Here's an excerpt from A River Runs Through It.

Right now, "Lucas" with Corey Haim is on. (and Winona Ryder) (and Charlie Sheen) So very sad ... to see them just starting out, so much potential and now, so much pain in their lives.

Anyway ...

I've been seeing the term UFO a lot lately on posts about WIP's (works in progress) on embroidery blogs - I'm assuming it means Unfinished Fiber (fabric?) Object??? If you've got a secret blog decoder ring and can decipher it for me, I'd greatly appreciate it - I'm forever out of the loop.

Anyway ... here are a couple of my UFO's ... I started this cute little Valentine piece in February but didn't get it done in time for Vday. Being sick is good for something - I finally finished the stitching today. WAHOO! Now I just have to make it into something ... that'll only take me a few years or so teehee!






And good gosh, I started this Halloween stocking in September or October and still haven't finished it. After I finish this post, I'm going to start stitching on it ... again.




I shared the first photo on my blog when I began stitching the Halloween stocking - the background is the Blackbird Design book the chart is in. The second photo is how far I got and then pooped out. So close and yet so far. I'm such a doofus ... in the home stretch and I fall apart.

Hubs is off down south visiting his mother for Mother's Day - I stayed home since I'm still sneezing and coughing my head off and have a fever. achoo! achoo! I was hoping to go to the cemetery and visit my mom on Mother's Day (turns out my neighbor will be buried there also, so we can visit Fred also when we go from now on) but I fear I won't feel good enough yet. WAH!


Wishing you all a very Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

  1. I hope that you'll be feeling much better by tomorrow...maybe even finish up some more projects? After taking some time off for vacations and such, I have a big pile of projects to get to myself. During my days away I've missed getting my hands into my work, and now it feels good and right to be back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I hope you get to feeling better. I just looked through my project drawer (for some scrap felt and my trusty glue gun)and whoa is me for the starts with no finish. Yours look well on there way though, just waiting for the right time. I have just finished some mini graduation cap headbands for my 13 yo and her buddies who are having their 8th grade graduation soon. Hey, maybe I will post about it! Try to rest up and have some Sunday fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is now the time to mention the quilt I started for my firstborn who is now 21? It is living in a bag in my closet. Not even CLOSE to being done, and what is worse, is that it was for him as a little kid, so I have no desire to finish it now. :)And I have about 30 art projects in various stages of completion, going back years! :) Feel better? LOL! I want to you to rest up and just lounge and be a slug. You may stitch if you need to. :)) xox! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't matter that you didn't finish your projects in time-there's always another Valentines day or Halloween. The point is you did finish. Good for you-Yea.Anyway it's fun justworking on a project. Hope you start getting over this thing and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete