Monday, August 30, 2010

My Dad is in the Hospital

Edited to add, 11 am Friday: Sorry to have left you hanging here! I've been going through everything in my craft supplies and closet and I strained my back, lifting boxes up to the upper shelves. OUCHERS!

I spoke with my Dad this morning and he said "they're making noises about his going home on Saturday". WAHOO! Thank you again for all of your sweet comments and being so kind and dear.

Happy Holiday Weekend to everyone!

Edited to add,
10 am Wednesday: Yippie! I just spoke with my dad and he said they had taken the tube out and had given him a glass of water!!! Yippie yippie yippie. I'm sure it's the collective energy of eyeballs crossed out there in bloglandia! I'll be going to see my dad this afternoon and find out more. (When I called, he was on his cell with a customer - yes, he still works at 91!) Thank you all for your sweet comments, care and concern, you are very dear to me.

Edited to add,
10 am Tuesday: I just spoke with my dad and he said the doctors said he is "a little bit better" this morning. Hooray hurrah! Thanks for keeping all those eyeballs and appendages crossed that he continues to improves! (We saw him yesterday and he was in good spirits, which is so important.) Thank you again for your support.

Edited to add
, 3:00 PST, Monday: They are trying a tube down my poor dad's nosie and no food or drink for today and they will see how he is tomorrow and reevaluate then. Thank you so much for your kind words and good thoughts for my dad and myself!



Just a little note to let you all know that my father is in the hospital and I'm not sure when I will be able to resume regular blog posting. He has an intestinal blockage and they are debating this morning whether or not he will require surgery. He's had two surgeries for the same thing since 2008 and both recoveries were long and frustrating. (The first surgery took such a toll on him that he was greatly debilitated and he lost the strength and ability to swallow food and drink! He's a very determined chappie and he was able to relearn to swallow without aspirating. He'll be 92 in the Fall.) I'll hope to return here shortly with some good news. Thank you for your friendship and care and concern.

Sally

11 comments:

  1. Praying for you dear father, Sally. Good news soon, I hope.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sally, I am sending you nothing but lots and lots of the best and most positive wishes - I hope to see you back here again soon with good news!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Sally. I'll keep you and your father in my thoughts. Your followers will leave the light on for you on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally - I will keep your Dad in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself! I know this is all very stressful. xox - Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sally,
    Keeping you and your Dad in my thoughts. We'll hope for a quick diagnosis and speedy recovery. Hang in there and try to keep positive. We'll miss you, but don't worry about the blog-it'll be here when you are ready to come back!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sally I am so glad that you have spoken to him and that there is improvement. I haven't been about the blog for a few days...computer difficulties but I am sending out prayers for his healing and for peace. Thank you for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally - I'm keeping everything crossed, since it seems to be helping. Much love to you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, phooey...hope your dad turns this around.
    Meanwhile, be extra kind to yourself. This stuff is hard to get through for everyone !
    xoxox
    topangamaria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah=I'm so glad your Dad is a little better. Still working? Unbelievable! Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that your Dad will continue to feel better, and you too. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sally! I hope your dad is continuing to improve! Have a nice weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete