Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tomato Tart for Rednesday


(Please visit Sue at It's A Very Cherry World for more Rednesday fun!)

I finally got my tomato tart made last Thursday
and thought I'd share it with you this Rednesday.
The recipe was made up of our favorite things:
puff pastry, pesto, goat cheese, caramelized onions and of
course our home grown cherry tomatoes. It was YUMMY!
And quick and easy peasy. Enjoy!




(It looks like I burned it but that's the pesto that I accidentally got on the edge. WAH!)

(Recipe from ilovemygrub.com)

Carmelized onion, cherry tomato and goat cheese tart


Cooking Time:
30 minutes
Serves:
4 people
Preparation Time:
15 minutes
Ingredients:

1 packet of puff pastry
1 large onion, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp green pesto
250g/10oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
100g/4oz soft goats cheese
black pepper

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas 5. Roll the pastry out so you can cut out a 24cm x 32cm/ 9 ½”x 12 ½” rectangle. Put the pastry sheet onto a baking tray, brush some water around the edge of the pastry and turn in 1cm/1/2” on all four sides, and press down to seal. Fry the onion slowly in the oil until the onions are translucent, add the sugar and turn up the heat to caramelize the onions. Keep to one side.

Spread the pesto over the inside of the folded edges of the pastry. Spread the onions over the pesto and place the cherry tomatoes on top of the onions and crumble the goat’s cheese over the tomatoes. Grind some black pepper over the tart and cook for 20 - 25 minutes until the tart is golden brown. Serve hot with a green salad.


22 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I love the variation in colors. Don't worry about the browning on the edges...all that matters is how great it must have tasted.:)
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful this sounds. I could sure use a big helping of this now. I do not cook much anymore, so just pass it on down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! This looks like a perfect summer meal, I'm sure you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally,
    It looks yummy and that's coming from a girl who won't eat tomatoes. Tomato sauce..yes..ketchup...yes..salsa...yes. Just not tomatoes...go figure.
    The "crispy" parts are the best part don't ya know??
    Thanks for sharing with us this Redneday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sally,
    How did you know those are my favorite ingredients too? I'm definetly trying this. It looks so yummy! I wish I had home grown tomatoes-oh well. Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping over from Rednesday. That looks soooo amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, yum, yum!!! Please pass me some. :) xox! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yums and delish. I am drooling. Hope you are doing great and I miss being in the bloglane a bit. Hoping to get a moment to put some summer happenings posted. Luvs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll need to make that with the tomatoes from my backyard--it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sally nine...Thanks for stopping by my blog tonight. This is looking like it’s going to be one of my “Sleepless in Seattle” nights, so loved hearing from you. Yep...we were REALLY having a good time. Little Gabe is 8 and the cutest child you have ever seen. He is adopted so is very, very special to all of us. Your dish looks absolutely yummy....I bought 2 bushels of Romas for $8.00 a bushel and a gigantic bag of gorgeous white corn for $12.00 ...all to go back with me tomorrow to VA. The farmer’s market here is Asheville is OUT OF THIS WORLD! School starts on Monday, and then we are leaving on Saturday for our 3 year family reunion so I really do have my work cut out for me. Lots of boiling, sealing, and freezing PRONTO!! I really do want to try your recipe as it is right up my taste bud alley.

    Hugs,
    Genie
    buttonsforbaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one looks yum! I love tomatoes, I'll booknark this and make it soon! Thanks for the visit, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How delish that looks!! Thanks for the recipe!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look delish! What a great variety of tomatoes you have! I try different ones and hubby protests...he only likes Juliettes...period! Plus, he doesn't like goat cheese...so I guess I would be the only one eating it! SIGH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delish !I have a lot of cherry tomatoes ripening now, I must try this !
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh yummy!!!! love love tomatoes..

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks absolutely SO yummy...hmmmmmmmm...this would be good stuff to prepare for ladies night on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The finished tart looks yummy! The pic before the cheese is on it looks great for framing..my Mom's kitchen is all tomatoes....hmm

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks yummy and easy! Great looking cherry tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually have all these ingredients- woo hoo! Just need to wait for a few more tomatoes to ripen in the garden... Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete