Wednesday, October 6, 2010

(not so) terrifying totes for all your treats

When I was growing up (back in the jurassic days!), my mother always gave me a pillow case or a grocery bag to collect my Halloween candy in. What fun it would be to have one of these darling ones on Halloween night!

Make the most adorable kitty cat treat bag from one of my favorite people, Charlotte Lyons, of House Wren Studio. Charlotte's pattern is one of the patterns included in the new Autumn issue of Amy Powers (of Inspire Co) "Inspired Ideas" eZine. Dear Amy puts Inspired Ideas together as a gift to us, it's entirely free and so very charming. Enjoy!
Inspired Ideas Autumn Issue (Charlotte's kitty cat treat
bag pattern begins on page 10 of the issue.)
Kitty cat treat bag post on House Wren Studio
Charlotte Lyons, House Wren Studio
Amy Powers, Inspire Co


I think these are so adorable!
Quilted Treat Bag from teeny tiny quilts
Please note: She used this tutorial from p.s. i quilt.
Teeny tiny quilts blog (please note she moved her blog in September, link follows)
Goddess in Progress blog

These are so charming! Love the vintage look!
Cat or Pumpkin Treat Bag from All You Magazine


Adorable! The embroidery is so precious!
Kitty Kat Trick or Treat bag from The Sometimes Crafter
The Sometimes Crafter blog


Cutie patootie pumpkin bag!
Pumpkin Trick or Treat Bag Tutorial from barefoot in the kitchen
Barefoot in the kitchen blog

Love this! So much fun!
Trick or Treat Bag from Craft Blog
Craft Blog blog


12 comments:

  1. Yep, we always carried a brown paper grocery bag! Those Trick or Treat bags are so cute, tfs Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a pillow case girl (I went for VOLUME! haha!). Those are adorable. It's tempting to use one as a purse. :) xox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the first one! It's just adorable and funny. Not sure my dog would like it though, he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of inspiration to be found for Halloween. Thank you for searching out all of the good stuff for us! Have a lovely fall weekend! E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi NanE!
    Aren't they the cutest?! I love looking around for fun stuff ... that's probably obvious, huh?!
    Happy week to you,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pammie!
    You're so cute! Love that! And I think it would be really fun for us grown up folks ... well, me ... to carry one like Charlotte's around in October. Now if I just find a sweater to felt in Los Angeles, dagnabbit!
    Happy week to you,
    Sally xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary-Laure!
    Thanks so much for visiting my little blog and commenting! I'll come over and say hello shortly.
    Happy week to you,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cindy!
    Oh! I visited you on Rednesday but didn't have the time to comment - I'll stop by and say hello!
    Happy week to you,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elizabeth!
    Googling and following links are one of my favorite things to do - I really need to get a life, huh?! I'm so glad you enjoyed these, I think they're so darling.
    Happy week to you,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking to me Sally, I'm so glad you like the runner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lori!
    You're very welcome, my pleasure and I love my runner! :)
    Happy almost weekend,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete