Saturday, February 5, 2011

Somehow it's Saturday

ay yi yi ... I feel like I've lost much of January and now it's not only February, but it's the fifth! How did that happen?! wooosshhh ... cough cough ... woooosh ...

I just talked with my dad's GF and she said my dad "just keeps getting better". SMILE.

He has to have another swallow test though in a couple of days. If he doesn't "do well" on it, looks like he will have to have another surgery to have a stomach tube put in again.

He is unwilling to go into a rehab facility (after several bad experiences)... he says will make do with services provided (a PT and a home care nurse, come for a few weeks, maybe longer) and the girlfriend (who is all over him anyway, aka Miss Boss Of Us All ... ACK!).

All of this because the poor guy slid off of the bed. ARGH! ARGH! ARGH!

Reminder to self: always have ones rumpus firmly planted in life!!!


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. all the best to you and your entire crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that things keep getting better! I'm glad that he stood up for himself; he will most likely heal better at home anyway.

    God bless,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord for his recovery and great spirit. Here's to home's healing on his road to recovery. I will be praying about his swallowing and keep us updated when you can. I hope you are feeling well and not too cooped up. Wasn't Downton Abbey just fabulous....and now we have another PBS piece coming up with a fave of mine: Matthew Macfadyen...here's hoping it is must see TV too. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete