Wednesday, June 20, 2012

a vintage picnic


Wednesday is Rednesday at It's A Very Cherry World.  
Please join Sue for more Rednesday fun!


Thursday is Vintage Thingie Thursday at Colorado Lady.
Please join Suzanne for more VTT fun!






More goodies found at my parents house ... a vintage thermos, ice chest and tablecloth ... just in time for a start of summer picnic! 

I'm guessing the ice chest is something like circa 1920 since the label reads "Muckle MFG. Co., Owatonna, Minnesota" and my grandparents left Minnesota around that time???  Or did it belong to their parents? 

Haven't a clue about the thermos (or what we now call a "thermos") ... the thermos cap reads "Plastones, Hot 'N' Cold". 

The tablecloth was my mother's ... I found several like this at the house. I know there are some tablecloth experts out there - do you know if it is from the forties or the fifties? 

Happy summer picnic to you!


10 comments:

  1. Happy Rednesday! What a delightful tablecloth. I adore strawberries.

    PS. Thanks for stopping by my blog too. If you do give your doll a patriotic makeover, I found the mini hats at Hobby Lobby with their patriotic decor. They were on clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    What a great Rednesday post! I just love the old coolers...and, it seems like they were all red. What a wonderful table cloth...I love the strawberries and the soft touches of blue.
    Thank you for your kind comments on my Wizard of Oz costume that I made for my grandbaby girl, Lilly. I had so much fun and she was tickled. I didn't show in the photo...but, she had red sparkly shoes to go with her red hair ribbons. I love sewing for little girls!
    Have a great and happy Rednesday, my friend!
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real vintage treasures from the past. You should definitely hang on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE ALL THREE!!! Your ice chest looks like the OLD MILK BOXES that sat on everyones porch "WAITING" for the milkman to make his deliveries...I sure with I had ours. Oh My do I LOVE that tablecloth! GORGEOUS...
    Love your treasures and thank you for sharing with us...
    Have a fun week,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the tablecloth is from the 40's. I grew up in the 50's and we had some very similar but they were originally my grandmothers. Love the milk box! Thanks for stopping by! It's been a great Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your moms table cloth is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds, made more special because they were your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun vintage finds. That ice chest is awesome! Visiting from Rednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely vintage finds :) Precious memories!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment!
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my stars (or should I say strawberries)! Cute tablecloth. I would guess 50s but I'm not an expert. That box is nearly as cool as the tablecloth! What wonderful finds! Wish I'd found some things like that when we cleaned out my mom and dad's house.

    ReplyDelete