Tuesday, September 11, 2012

we will remember you

  2003

 2004


 2006

2007

For five years I participated in a mail art call in tribute of September 11th. I read about the call for mail art in one of the rubber stamp magazines and was delighted there was some small way that I could contribute something.  (I don't seem to have taken photos of my submission in 2005.) 

The background of the last envelope is taken from photos we took at the 9/11 quilt show at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California, August of 2002.  It was amazing and so very heartbreaking to see all of the blocks that had been made in tribute to those lost. 

That's me in the red ... this is only a very small section of the exhibit.
It was overwhelming and I just dissolved into tears.


We will always remember you

1 comment: