Wednesday, December 12, 2012

1980's Christmas



Straying from my duties as Doggie Nurse for just a brief moment to join in Rednesday today with a trip back in time to Christmas, circa the 1980's. (I had to put on my thinking cap about what was close at hand that I could grab and take a quick photo. VOILA!  My mom's holiday stuff has never found a real home yet and was lurking, at the ready, in the front of the closet cabinet.)

The Christmas rabbit, mouse and two girls were all my mom's ... I embroidered the Joan Walsh Anglund Christmas pillow for her gift one year. 

The other three pillows I embroidered for myself ... there is a quilt in the background that my mom gave me ... and a little rocking horse she also gave me in the middle of the second photo.


Joining in the Rednesday fun with Sue at It's A Very Cherry Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Boy, that stuff brings back memories. I love Joan Walsh Anglund and pick up her little books whenever I see them. Cute pillows. Glad you can take a little break from being doggie nurse. Hows George doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Christmas treasures...
    Happy Rednesday!

    Hope your puppies are feeling better:)

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rabbit looks so familiar, I think my Mother made the same one.

    ReplyDelete