Friday, April 19, 2013

weary

Please note that I wrote and posted this entry yesterday and had problems with several lines of computer code appearing on top of my post.  I couldn't detect anything odd in the HTML to cause the problem but then it's been more than twenty years since I had programming classes and I never was great at it anyway hahhahhaha.  So I just deleted it.  Well, I just tried to post it again and I looked at the HTML before posting it and it was totally bonkers, completely whackadoo.  All sorts of code that I sure didn't write, as I had no idea what on earth it was. I'd sure be interested to hear if anyone else is experiencing problems with Blogger. 

Fingers crossed...attempting one last time to post my post.  Sheesh.  I kept the draft of it so it will be essentially the same to those who did catch it yesterday.

Hello!  Time sure flies!

We've been sick, our Georgie doggie has been sick - they switched one of his cancer meds and the new one made him very ill.  Scary!  (The previous one was in short supply for some reason and that's why they switched it on him - thankfully we were able to have the old prescription formulated at a compounding pharmacy for him and all is well again.  WHEW!)

So between our being sick and Georgie being sick, there went our high hopes and grand schemes for the two weeks of much needed fun over the hubby's vacation.  WAH!

And meanwhile, never a dull moment, both sides of my family seem to be nuttier than fruitcakes, at the same time!  Argh!  Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional, huh?!

I've been feeling down in the dumps and very defeated.  Hard to find topics to write about, wondering if I even want to blog anymore? (So many blogs have gone quiet these days or are winding down.) There's so much I want to do and so much I need to do in real life.

My heart breaks over the incomprehensible tragedy in Boston.  My heart and prayers go out to the families, friends, neighbors, community of those lost.

And I am appalled and disgusted by our Senate not passing the proposed gun control measures after the tragedy in Connecticut.  How could they look into the faces of the families of Newtown, CT and not know it was the right (and long overdue) thing to do?!  How could they thumb their noses at the American citizenry who resoundingly want those gun control measures enacted?

I don't know how to process all this pain and live is this world anymore? I am so very weary of living in a world run amok. So much ugliness and craziness.

I want to turn off the news and cancel the newspaper.  I wish I could run away and hide somewhere.

I know that some of us find comfort in being creative and as a vehicle to process and channel our pain. I came across this blog post yesterday regarding The Prayer Flag Project on Michele Bilyeu's blog, With Heart and Hands.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. What a terrible depressing week! Haven't had anything that weird happen with blogger before. Hope it gets better for you. :)

    ReplyDelete