Thursday, October 31, 2013

confusing results ... back on the roller coaster

argh argh argh! Guess it was too much to ask for this to be over, huh?!

The surgeon called with confusing information. He told my husband that the pathology results show that the cancer was more aggressive than thought. 

For some reason they don't understand, the biopsy and MRI results did not show that. 

That means it could reappear somewhere.  He told my husband that he has a 40% chance of recurrence but that he is optimistic that all will be well. 

So shocked and unsettled ...

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Sally, I wish you'd had better news. You know I am continuing in prayer. Strength to you both, My Friend! Love, Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Sally. Joy comes in the morning.
    Hugs, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sally, just focus on the good news part. I wish it was more conclusive news, Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this cancer stuff is really confusing even for the oncologists.
    Or anyway that's been my experience. And cancer is such a
    scary word. It's hard to go bravely onward with it hovering over
    one's head, but i say, Defiantly Onward!!!
    much love,
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you, Sally! Keeping all good thoughts and prayers headed your way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you got this news, it does seem confusing. Keep up your good spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CANCER SUCKS!
    Dad wore a baseball cap with this on the front when he had to go outside to cover his tender bald head!! You just have to take each day at a time, living it to the fullest, talk to God constantly, Thank God for today, (prayer is so important), do as much excersizing as possible, yogo is comforting, eat lots of berries - black, blue & strawberries! Eat veggies - lots of greens! Don't eat meat! Eat mushrooms and high fiber muffins (great recipe on my blog), high fiber beans, and love each other. Make each day count to the fullest!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you both!! Fight it with calmness, prayer, diet and exersize!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry, Sally. I will keep him (and you) in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete