Friday, October 4, 2013

please think a good thought for georgie


Well, whoever thought up the old adage when it rains, it pours, sure knew what they were talking about.  Sheesh. 

Georgie had seemed to be a bit better following his recent illness.  But then yesterday he threw up several times in the morning and I had to put on my big girl panties and put aside that I don't feel well and that I have severe arthritic pain in my thumb and run him to the vet.  I had to drop him off since the vet had no openings and I felt too wobbly anyway and remind myself he was in the best of hands.

We went back to pick him up after eight o'clock last night - the vet having done lots of xrays and blood work and finally having time to talk to us and tell us what he thinks is causing Georgie's nausea.

Heartbreakingly, he believes Georgie has another tumor, either on his pancreas or on his liver - there's a new mass on his xrays.  The blood work will make it clear which organ. We should have the results tomorrow, Saturday, and also find out what, if any, treatment can be done for him.

October 7th will be one year since we adopted George and Gracie from the rescue and October 7th will also be 10 months since George was diagnosed with terminal cancer and not expected to make it more than three or four days.  

If we know anything, we know Georgie is a fighter. He is one big, sweet, funny, loving, fur ball and he hasn't wanted to leave this life yet.

Please think lots of healing doggie thoughts for our George.

Thanks you guys! xo

7 comments:

  1. I am thinking good thoughts for Georgie and you too.
    Sometime life gets complicated , but our God can do anything....
    Hugs, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking the best thoughts for Georgie and you and your hubs. You all are do for some good luck and sunshine. Hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you, your husband, and your sweet dogs! When it rains it pours huh?
    I'll be saying a prayer for Georgie. And are you taking enough Ibuprophen for your thumb? 800mg (per my Rheumatologist at the Mayo). He says that people make the mistake of not taking enough. And did you try a thumb splint? I use one for my hands when they get that bad, and keeping them totally immobile really does help. OK- that was my two cents. Ha! :)
    Thinking of you!!! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, you know I am sending prayers and good thoughts toward Georgie! I am so happy that he's had so much love at your house and I know he's brought you love and wonderful companionship. I'm glad he is a fighter! Love is a powerful thing! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good thoughts for Georgie and all of you! You saved sweet George & Gracie 10 months ago with loads of love...sending some love their way.

    xo, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgie is so fortunate that you adopted him....maybe that is why he has lived longer. Thinking of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope everything is alright! Beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete