Monday, February 3, 2014

yippie! valentine swap!

I participated in Sandy's, of 521 Lake Street, 2014 Valentine Swap and had so much fun! Sandy partnered me with darling Shirley of Zetta's Aprons. Thank you Sandy, you made quite the perfect match for us. Not only do Shirley and I share the same initials, we also share a love of vintage cards, red and aqua and Golden Retrievers! (and lots more too, I'm sure!)

Oh, and today, we both received our packages in the mail. We seem to be on the same wavelength! 

It's so much fun to receive a surprise in the mail, isn't it?! I wanted to savor every bit and slowly opened my package ... an envelope was on top and I found this lovely tag inside ... a glimpse of red was revealed below ... the absolute cutest valentine box!













And filled with goodies too! Chocolates and conversation hearts and a crafters delight! Pink doilies ... confetti hearts ... buttons ... vintage images ... bakers twine ... a baggie of vintage valentine cards, red playing cards, a red gingham doily, pink and red tickets, game pieces spelling out XO and LOVE, and (!) Golden Retriever appliques!!!

Thank you so very much for all my wonderful things Shirley! Everything is charming, I love it all. Thanks so much for being my swap partner, it was an absolute pleasure.  Happy Valentines Day! xo


Shirley received my package today, so I'm slipping in a little sneak peek of the box I made for her.



Happy early Valentines Day!

8 comments:

  1. What wonderful gifts you received! That box is precious! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Twyla! So good to see you! Isn't it sweet, so darling.

      Loving all your vintage valentine images on your blog!

      xo

      Delete
  2. What a fab package you received Sally! Just love the creative box Shirley made you, and all the goodies she sent. Loving the sweet box you made her too. This really was a fun swap we joined. xo, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam!
      Yes, it really was fun! I'd never altered a box before, didn't know what I was doing???
      Such a darling box and fun crafty goodies from Shirley to play with!

      Feel better! xo

      Delete
  3. I have always loved Valentine's day!
    Have fun, Smiles, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie!
      So nice to see you! I love Valentines Day too!

      xo Sally

      Delete
  4. Awww, You and Shirley really were perfectly matched for this swap! You both made such beautiful boxes! I love your "heart in hand" theme! Aren't swaps just so much fun? Especially when you get good partners!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica! Thank you, so sweet of you! And so nice to see you, glad you're back. :) Yes, we had so much valentine-y fun!

      Happy Valentines Day!

      Delete